Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crayon Roll

I hope everyone had an awesome Easter. We had a great time celebrating the resurrection of our Savior! I even got to spend time with some family that I hadn't seen in years! I don't know how big your families are but mine is HUGE. My grandma had 10 children. Each of which have anywhere from 2 to 8 kids. And then they have their kids. I have about eighty something cousins and who knows how many great grandchildren my grandma has. It's a huge family. And this is just counting my mom's side. I feel a little strange only having one kid lol. Well that may change soon.... but 8 kids? I don't think so!

When we got home, Adrian immediately turned on the tv to catch the Lakers game. Yes, we are a Lakers household and yes, we are traitors to our own state. Don't hate! It's just the way it is. Our baby shower was Lakers themed as well as AJ's nursery. I'm not as big of a basketball fan as my husband is but I do enjoy watching the playoffs. Anyway, I'm straying way off subject. I ended up alone in my sewing room while Adrian and AJ were watching the game (well AJ was playing with his new Easter toys). One of the things he got was a pack of Twistable Crayolas for his coloring books. I seized the opportunity to make a crayon roll, which I've been dying to try. I didn't use any pattern, just kinda eyeballed it. This is what I came up with.







This was one of the easiest and fastest projects I've tried in awhile. I really enjoyed it and I'd like to go crazy making more of these but I don't think I would need them. I have alot of this fabric left though. Any ideas what I could make with it??

I'm linking up to these parties.

8 comments:

  1. um, well, you know... you could make one for me! hahahaha j/k! this is SUPER cute and I love the fabric you used!

    So glad you had a great Easter :)

    Ours was low key. Actually we didn't do a thing. Kinda sad but we don't have family near by so it can get lonely. But anyway, at least we made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you do have a big family!!! My husband and son are huge Laker's fans! I mean....HUGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love these but have been nervous to attempt making one - you make it look waaaay to simple!!

    Visiting from support blog...

    http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! your blog is darling, now following you!

    xoxo.kelli & kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make some for gifts or a giveaway!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Thanks for linking up Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, my son would love one of these! Saw it on the sugar & dots linky party and had to get a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured on Dittle Dattle Bloggy BFF!!! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!