Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Been Awhile

I haven't done much sewing this month because I've been reading and "spring cleaning" (which has leaked into summer). But yesterday I just had a craving so I whipped up a cute handbag.



I used fabrics from Momo for Moda's "It's a Hoot" line, which I've used before here and here, among other scrappy projects.



I got the pattern for this cute bag from this book that I bought at Hobby Lobby.



Just made a few adjustments to accommodate my half yard fabrics that I had left. I took off about 2 inches from all the measurements that were given. I also added fusible interfacing.



Among the things I love about this purse is that you can wear the handles two different ways, depending on if you want to wear it on your shoulder or just carry in your hand.





I'm listing this bag in my shop tonight. About the swap that I mentioned in my last post, I was so happy and surprised to receive quite a few responses for it. I'm going to email each of you to see if you are interested in signing up officially so that I can assign all of you swap partners. I'm so excited! If some of you are still interested in signing up, please leave a comment including your email address. I will leave the sign up open until Wednesday July 27th before I assign partners. Thank you all for your interest!

Linking up here.

16 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute! I love how you can switch up the handles - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bag! I love the way the straps work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing!! The pattern...the fabric...sooo perfect!! I bet it will sell really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great bag! I love the design and the fabrics. I will have to look into that book the next time I am at HL. I am visiting from Sew Can Do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you kidding. that is adorable. i need to make myself a little bag or maybe i will just buy one from you. can't wait for the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love love the fabric too! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute bag, love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I do love the color and the switchable handles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great handwork! Following you from the Thrilling Thursday Linky Party via paisleypassions.blogspot.com.

    Ria
    iheartprettystuffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bag!
    Where did you have your tags printed?

    littlesprinklesoffun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS: Those fabrics are WAY cute together! Nice job on the fun bag :)

    ♥Lolly Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely bag! I'll have to look out for that book!

    Thanks for linking to the Creating Success Worldwide blog hop!! I'm following you now and hope you'll come back again next week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love the Moda fabric choice! I think I dream about Moda most nights!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm your newest follower, hi! I'm so glad I found you on Pinterest :)

    This bag is awesome! I've been wanting to make one for my laptop. You've motivated me -- thank you!

    Where in TX are you from, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You seriously make the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!