Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hope Valley Pillow



Slowly but surely, my Hope Valley quilt is coming along. I don't know how all you quilt gurus do it. I've seen some quilts completed in just a few days. Maybe I shouldn't have started with such a big quilt. I have added the grey border and am now in the process of basting. In the meantime, here is a pretty little pillow I made to match it.



I used the same HST method, except I used 4" blocks instead of 8". I added some Kona Coal for the border (same as I used for the quilt). And to avoid sewing hems, I sewed on some left over Hope Valley fabric with selvages for the backing. Have I mentioned how much I love envelope closures?



I think this quilt and pillow are going to look quite lovely on my bed once I finally finish. The colors make me happy.

4 comments:

  1. bonnie! i LOVE this pillow and i can't wait to see your quilt finished i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I can't wait to see the quilt! So colorful and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!